LexisNexis Talks Analytics, AI, and the Future of Data-Driven Law at Legalweek New York
Company to reveal the results of the third annual LexisNexis Legal Analytics Survey while conducting roundtable discussions with leaders from Microsoft, Amazon, DHL and more
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, will gather innovators from the technology and legal industries to discuss developments in artificial intelligence (AI), legal analytics, and data-driven practices during Legalweek New York, the legal industry’s preeminent technology conference and expo (Feb. 4-6; New York Hilton Midtown; Booth #2100).
At the event, LexisNexis will reveal insights and trends from its third annual Legal Analytics Survey conducted in partnership with ALM Intelligence on the impact of legal analytics, including adoption rates, the importance of access to legal analytics, and the value it brings to the practice of law.
The survey coincides with the 10th anniversary of the commercial launch of Lex Machina’s Legal Analytics. At Legalweek, Lex Machina executives will discuss the genesis and evolution of the technology, and how it has changed both the business and practice of law, as they unveil the first of Lex Machina’s new State Law modules.
On the Software Solutions side, executives will discuss how law firms and in-house counsel can use data-driven insights to manage and grow the business, and will showcase CounselLink FastTrack, an innovative vendor and financial management solution powered by capital solutions provider, LSQ.
The LexisNexis booth will showcase a variety of advanced legal research and analytics applications, including: Lexis Advance, Lexis Analytics, Context Company Analytics, Lex Machina’s Legal Analytics, Lexis Search Advantage, CounselLink, InterAction and Juris.
In addition, LexisNexis and Lex Machina executives will be joined by leaders from Microsoft, Amazon, DHL, Tata Consultancy Services, Casepoint, Knowable, Baker McKenzie, DLA Piper, Ogletree Deakins, O’Melveny & Myers, Winston & Strawn, Jackson Lewis, Jones Day and other firms for a variety of roundtables, podcasts, webcasts and workshops, including:
Maximizing the Cloud & Improving the Hybrid Approach (Mon., Feb. 3, 9:30-11:30am)
- Speakers: Scott Wallingford, Global Vice President and General Manager, Software Solutions, LexisNexis; David Carns, Chief Revenue Officer, Casepoint; Robert Unterberger, Legal Solutions Leaders, Tata Consultancy Services
AI’s Highest Purpose in Legal: Structured Data (Tues., Feb. 4,11:30am-12:30pm)
- Speakers: Daniel Lewis, CEO, Ravel & Vice President, Products, LexisNexis; Jason Barnwell, Assistant General Counsel, Legal Business Operations and Strategy, Microsoft; Jae Um, Director of Pricing Strategy, Baker McKenzie; Mark Harris, CEO, Knowable
The CMO and the CIO: A Winning Partnership (Tues., Feb. 4, 12:30pm-1:30pm)
- Speakers: Scott Winter, Director of Product Management, InterAction, LexisNexis; Bill Gregory, Head of Technology, Jones Day; Despina Kartson, Chief Marketing Officer, Jones Day
Legal Innovation Roundtable/Live Podcast: (Tues., Feb. 4, 1:00-2:00pm)
- Speakers: Bob Ambrogi, LawSites (Moderator); Jeff Reihl, CTO, LexisNexis; Jason Barnwell, Assistant General Counsel, Legal, Business, Operations and Strategy, Microsoft; Mark Smolik, Chief Legal & Compliance Officer, DHL; Laurie Ehrlich, General Counsel and Head of Legal Operations, Cognizant
The Legal Analytics Landscape 10 Years in the Making – Broadcast from Legalweek 2020 (Tues., Feb. 4, 1:40-2:10pm)
- Speakers: Patrick Fuller VP ALM (Moderator); Karl Harris, CEO, Lex Machina; Peter Geovanes, Head of Data and Analytics Winston & Strawn; Eric Falkenberry, Partner, DLA Piper
Using Machine Learning to Understand the Language of the Law (Tues., Feb. 4, 2:00-3:00pm)
- Speakers: Rick McFarland, Chief Data Officer, LexisNexis; Samir Karnik, Product Manager, Amazon Comprehend; Flyn Flesher, Knowledge Management Counsel Supervisor, Ogletree Deakins; Jeffrey Rovner, Managing Director of Information, O’Melveny & Myers
Expanding the Legal Analytics Footprint (Tues., Feb. 4 @3:30-4:30pm)
- Speakers: Karl Harris, CEO, Lex Machina; Eric J. Felsberg, Principal, Jackson Lewis; Catherine A. Bernard, US Litigation Professional Support Lawyer, Mayer Brown; Angela Ni, Director of Underwriting and Data Science Strategies, Corporate Counsel, Parabellum Capital
Legal Analytics Roundtable/Live Podcast: (Weds., Feb. 5 @10:00-11:00am)
- Speakers: Bob Ambrogi, LawSites (Moderator); Karl Harris, CEO, Lex Machina; Peter Geovanes, Head of Data Strategy, AI & Analytics, Winston & Strawn; Eric Falkenberry, Partner, DLA Piper
Data Analytics from the Top Down: What GCs, Law Firm Leaders and the C-Suite Should Know About Data Analytics (Weds., Feb. 5 @ 11:00am-12:00pm)
- Speakers: Raj Goyle, Co-CEO, Bodhala (Moderator); Karl Harris, CEO, Lex Machina; Mark Smolik, Legal & Compliance Officer, DHL; Jae Um, Director of Pricing Strategy, Baker McKenzie